I've seen this several places, with several different numbers, and I've already played along several times.
But, here I go again.
10. Daughter once attempted to let her cousin out of her very high second story bedroom window using a rope. Thankfully, Youngest Son remembered the rule that I must be reported to if anyone was bleeding, throwing up or could DIE.
11. This same son also reported to me that those two were about to sled off our garage roof into the snow. Although they are both presently 26 years of age I still get slightly nervous when I see the two of them together and feel strangely comforted if Youngest Son is in their midst.
12. One summer I used a cassette tape of our church choir singing a cantata whenever I wanted Oldest Son to play outside. It worked very well.
13. Long ago when I was home schooling Oldest Son and Daughter, sitting around our dining room table in our pajamas with our cat as a center piece, our dog began vomiting under the table. No one even flinched. At that precise moment I realized that we would never be featured on the cover of a home schooling magazine. Or Good Housekeeping, for that matter.
14. My favorite quote of my mother's came from when she was the custodian at our church. I clearly remember her wiping down the stair handrails and saying to no one in particular, "Their hearts might be pure, but their hands sure aren't clean." I think of this often.
15. When I was a little girl my dad put a hook into our old Box Elder Tree so that he could turn the rope while I jumped. And people wonder why it isn't hard at all for me to watch out for him.
16. My side of the bed is extremely messy. And I don't even care.
17. I have trouble with my hands being always numb and tingly. This causes me to drop things. It's a good thing that our couch is the color of coffee with cream.
18. I still haven't figured out what I want to be when I grow up. Apparently, there is still time.
19. I've not quite learned how to deal with the things that have happened to me that I do not believe in.
20. It still know the combination to my locker from 8th grade. 13-43-7
21. If I need to know what letter comes after another in the alphabet, I have to go all the way back to "A" to find out.
22. It's impossible for me to know if I'm having a good time while I am doing something. I have to go home and think about it before I know for sure.
23. On New Year's Day THGGM and I went out for dinner with my sister and brother-in-law and my dad for his 61st anniversary. THGGM turned to me and said, "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know we were dressing up." I whispered back, "I didn't dress up. I just haven't done laundry since Christmas." This pretty much sums up my life.
24. I take one prescription drug. Remember this. Today my dad had a doctor's appointment. I remembered to bring along his list of ten different medicines that THIS doctor prescribes for him. I remembered to bring along the fax number so those prescripts could be sent directly to the mail order pharmacy. I also remembered to have three prescripts called in to the local pharmacy as he was running low on those. Yesterday I called to refill my ONE prescription drug and forgot to pick it up.
25. Last night THGGM put baby booties on our cat. This makes the cat jump around all weird. This is what poor boring people do for fun. The rich and interesting have their travels and adventures, but we have Uncle Barb the dancing cat to brighten up an otherwise quiet Monday evening at home.
Really. If you took the time to read all 25 things about me, you should leave a comment or send me and email at email@example.com.
And now I shall get back to my happy little life...