And all I have is random thoughts. I'm still not back to my "normal" routine since the week before Christmas. I love routine. Until I don't. My schedule has been different this month, but since it was only for a month and one week I could see no point in getting used to it. So I never got used to it. Only one more week and then back to the old "normal". Which really never felt all that normal either.
Confused yet? I know I am.
Anyway, here we go.
A list of random things that I find particularly annoying tonight:
1. I hate election years. And this one especially so. I want to say "wake me up when it's over" but I'm not that tired. Aren't there any decent people left? Sometimes when I hear politicians speak I wonder just how uninformed they believe people to be. And then I look around me, and start to think that I may be getting tired enough to sleep until about Thanksgiving. And why, oh WHY is it the election years that always get an extra day?
2. History is interesting. You know, in how it tends to repeat itself. This is a very scary thought to me.
3. With the help of Google Translate, I've been attempting to keep up with more world news. And it does seem to me to be true that our news sources are very limiting. Yet I still watch NBC, because I worry about Richard Engel and want to make sure he is okay in whatever horrible scenario he is reporting from each evening.
4. Another thing that has me feeling as if my scarf is tightening around my neck (even when i am not wearing a scarf) is how quickly everyone jumps to judgment these days. There is no deep thinking, gathering of information, or reviewing of solid facts; there is only snap judgments being bandied about. I'm still not sure how I feel about the Civil War, yet OTHER PEOPLE seem to know just how wrong everyone is about everything, and seem just a teensy bit overconfident in their own opinions about events that happened just a few HOURS ago. AND THEY WEREN'T EVEN THERE!
5. So, Famke had a sleep-over with us this weekend. That was fun. Except that just when we had dragged out a major load of art supplies I got strangely woozy feeling and had to lie down. Not sure what that was about, but I spent much of Saturday that way. Today I feel fine.
6. And because I felt fine THGGM and I went to a few of our favorite antique shops on Century. It was raining. And in the 40's. In January. So, it was nice that they are all attached in the same old factory. THGGM found a pine desk that he liked, but since we are from henceforth participating in "absolutely no unnecessary spending until we die" he did not get to buy it. And, after all, we are out of places to put things anyway. I didn't even see anything that tempted me. That helps. A LOT. I did purchase a few bags of white buttons at the thrift store yesterday. They were necessary to me. You know, because someday I may need to use them in trade.
7. That brings us to tonight. Even though I feel much better today, THGGM made dinner. It was very good. Now he is watching "Grease" on the TV in the basement. I would rather chase a greased pig through mud (in the rain! in January!) than watch it. I don't have any reason why, it just doesn't sound good to me. And anyway, I'm feeling rather antisocial and enjoy sitting by myself in my dark living room writing pointless things on my blog. And I may just play a few games of WordHero on my Kindle which once was lost but now is found and really all I use it for is to play WordHero. Do you play that? That is my kind of socializing. I read taglines. And, you know, decide to change my entire course of thinking based on someone's demeaning tagline. My tagline reads, "If anybody asks, I'm not here." And I score very low at the diamond level. It bothers me.
8. For those who have been wondering, I DID get my workroom in my basement cleaned up, AND all of my Christmas stuff put away. Last year I skipped both of those things, and just left it all laying on my worktable. This was NOT wise. No, in no wise wise. So apparently, I am still capable of getting things done, sometimes it just takes a year longer than it should.
9. Which reminds me, I have declared (to myself, no one else cares) that February is the NEW January! This means that I can still resolve to do or not do all of those things that I forgot about resolving to do or not do in January and push it right into February and do or not do them yet! Isn't that great? It's great. Just nod your head already.
10. That's it. I'm out of random thoughts. I'm going to go play WordHero now, and maybe change my entire life based on what some person that I don't even know points out in a tagline.
Good-bye January 2016.