Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, September 18, 2009

I WON!

Quinn, from http://www.qcreport.blogspot.com/ thinks that I'm funny!

So funny that she sent me her book!

I read a proofed copy that she so generously mailed to me earlier this year, so I already knew that I LOVED it.

Quinn is VERY funny.













In an effort to promote her book, I brought it along to my blood plasma donation tonight.




This blurb on the back of the book? I read it and thought that this name seemed very familiar.

Then I remembered! I've seen him at Barnes and Noble when they were promoting Grand Rapids writers.

Now back to Quinn and her book. It's very good.

Although I have to tell you. When I was apprenticing with the senior librarian at church, a Eugenia Price novel was donated to us. The librarian showed me how she had filled in the cleavage of the buxom young girl on the cover by putting a wee bit o' lace under the clear contact paper. For this cover I was picturing something in say.., oh.., perhaps boiled wool in a lovely off-white.

I won't be donating my copy to any libraries. Just so you know.

Purchase a copy if you like to laugh out loud. And skip over the chapter about her rescue dog. Okay. YOU don't have to skip over it. But, I fear that I look a touch crazy laughing hysterically one minute, and before my donation is over I'm sobbing all over my nice new shiny book with MY name in it.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Wow - how cool is that? I read her blog, too - love it!