Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pillow Talk




Eh. The light in this room is not conducive to picture taking. That's fine with me most of the time.


Anyway, I did want to show you those four orange pillows on the bed


THGGM found them at a thrift store.


They look to be NEW and have a Rodeo Home tag. Oh, and they are feather/down filled.


The price for the set of four was $20, which isn't what I think of when I think "thrift". But THGGM thinks differently than I do. The last two orange pillows he found are like cement encased in fabric. One of the grandkids was nearly injured just by jumping on one.

But, I don't work and he makes the money so it was totally his call. ;D

As soon as we walked in the door from our weekend adventures he googled the pillows. Apparently a similar set of pillows sold new for $200.00.

Hmm.

Okay. So now I am very glad that he bought them. They work well with our old Woolrich bedspread, which I LOVE, and, even that funky fringe pillow he found at a thrift store awhile ago.

He was able to repaint the room with just one gallon of paint/primer in a linen color. Can't remember now what that cost, but it was on sale and not much. So, for $20.00 worth of thrifted pillows and $6.00 worth of felt placemats as wall decor we have a MUCH nicer looking bedroom.

Well. At least we think so.




9 comments:

Rebecca said...

I like it all! The wall art, too. (I didn't comment on it in earlier post.)

Anvilcloud said...

Looks good to me.

Melissa said...

I love all of it but especially the bedspread and the funky fringed pillow from the thrift store!!

Anonymous said...

You did mean of course you do not work on pay for somebody outside your family? Taking care of a house, a dear HB and four grandchildren that is working (out of love) to me;-)

Janie Fox said...

I love it. Great decor and a bargain to boot. Love the placemats!

MissKris said...

I am in total agreement with you and the HGGY. And I like what Anonymous said, too. Dear Hubby has really been scoring on camping equipment and camo clothes on our outings lately. He gave away and donated SO much of our camping stuff when we moved. I think he had 5 tents?? But this time around he's going smaller and lighter...easier to put up and take down, haha! Today is my baby girl's 35th birthday and we're going out to lunch and then spending the rest of the day browsing thru thrift stores. She's liked all the funky little doo-dads and art I've picked up thru the years so we're shopping for decor, haha! It'll be fun.

MissKris said...

P.S. One of these days I want to come and just spend some time wandering thru your house, Judy. You are AMAZING at doing the most AMAZING things with the 'treasures' you find.

*Reading Between the Lines* said...

Judy...
It looks very Fallish...
and restful.
Thanks.
Mommy 2

daisymarie said...

It's a lovely room. I really love the colors.