Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, November 22, 2011

And Tomorrow She Bakes


I've been sick since Thursday, maybe? I can't remember exactly. BUT - today I felt well enough to sit at the piano and play my two new THRIFTED pieces of Christmas sheet music.
Yesterday I thought I felt well enough to make the three dimensional stars out of music I found in an old Christmas Ideals magazine. I woke up this morning to notice that they match NOTHING that I have. Oh, well. Not everything can be ideal. ;D
I will have you know that I CAN play both Frosty the Snow Man and Santa Claus is Comin' to Town. But then I broke into a sweat and had to lay down.
Presently, it seems that all I'm left with is a deep cough and an occasional low grade fever.
Tomorrow I will have four adorable grandchildren to help me all day. And tomorrow night I shall bake.
I'm not sure whether or not there were pumpkin rolls or pecan pie at the first Thanksgiving, but I shall do my best to see that there will be at THIS one!

15 comments:

Tournesol said...

I'm glad your feeling better and that your husband received good news back. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I wish I'd kept up with the piano, I'm so rusty, haven't really played in years. But I have one so maybe I can work on that in the New Year. Would love to be able to play Christmas songs. I really like the paper stars too.

Rebecca said...

I'm very impressed with the stars...guess you'll have to make a bunch more so they match something!

I've enjoyed playing a few Christmas arrangements myself. And I've been prodding one of my newer piano students to practice harder so she can move in the the G position and play Jingle Bells!

Sorry you've been sick. There's a lot of stuff going around here - respiratory and stomach. So far, I sneeze a lot but it doesn't seem to get any worse than that!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yvonne said...

Glad to hear you are getting better - and for the record I love the stars! Hang them on a Christmas tree!

Karen said...

You've reminded me I should be practicing up on playing Christmas carols on the piano. Unless we just sing "Away in a Manger" over and over and over, which is the only one I can play without stopping.

The skaters are so charming.

Sending prayers your way for good news from the kidney doc.

Melissa said...

Sick over the holidays - ugh!!

Mitzi said...

You are really a trooper. Four Grandchildren, a low grade fever and then you are going to bake? You make me tired thinking of it all. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Pat said...

I'm pretty sure the pilgrims made pumpkin rolls and pecan pie. If not, they missed out on some really good eating!
Praying for your cough and fever!!

MissKris said...

Happy Thanksgiving, dear friend. So sorry to hear you've been suffering from the 'crud', too. Dear Hubby and Cooper have been fighting it off and on the past couple weeks. It will seem like it's going away...then it's back to the deep chest-cough again. Please get well...I am SO looking forward to meeting you face-to-face next weekend if it all works out.

Anonymous said...

Judy, get well soon. Just to remind you, next to baking cookies, did you order the special Dutch cookies already? It might be last chance by now. Just saying.

Janie Fox said...

I hope you get all better soon. I wish I could play the piano. No one wants to listen to a someone play the clarinet (poorly) around the Christmas tree. Well, unless it is Kenny G. and then yeah, lots of people like that.

Nana Mari said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! Just getting over the same thing myself...it's no fun! Wishing you and your family...and those beautiful grandchildren a very Happy Thanksgiving!
P.S. Those stars are just lovely...you should give us all a tutorial...when you're feeling better that is!

Anvilcloud said...

Not a whole lot of fun to be sick right now. Hope you have a good TG and weekend all the same.

daisymarie said...

Thankful you're feeling better. Much happiness today to you and yours!

Marguerite said...

Wishing you and your family a happy and healthy Thankgiving. I'll be looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Debra said...

Oh, hope you're feeling a million percent better today! Just wanted to drop by and wish a very happy Thanksgiving to a very special friend.... oh! And love your Christmas photo with the sweet lady. :) Blessings, Debra