Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, December 02, 2011

Twenty-Four Days Until Christmas


Still tired and coughing over here.
Send pity.
No. Not really. About the pity sending anyway.
I am very sad, as tomorrow I was supposed to meet a very dear blogging friend for the first time.
This will not be happening because of my coughing and all over rotten feeling.
So, what I did today was cut a bunch more snowflakes out of coffee filters.
I've been a fan of coffee filters in all their various forms for years. Even before I drank coffee.
It just astounds me that I could have held sooo many coffee filters in my hand and NEVER thought to cut a snowflake out of one.

No longer can I put the words next to the picture, so bear with me.
For the last snowflake I just cut out a tree. I'm kind of please with it.
The one above that was my first attempt at eight girls holding hands.
With the other two I was paying more attention to their hair. One of them has braids - or at least as close to braids as one can get with a coffee filter and scissors.
Not much else got done in my little world today. Yet, I managed to have a good time anyway.









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are good at papercraft. Look up : images of papierknippen and papierknippen in general. You will find it is an old artform in the Neth.lds and there are even musea for them. Westerbork is wellknown for a camp for Jews in WWII, but also for its "listening ears" a form of large dishes trying to get sounds from other universes (ears) and for its papierknipmuseum. Your girls are very good, if you look the first up you will see boys and girls like yours. Get well soon, eat lots of citrusfruits, kiwi's and rosehipjams or syrups to boost your vitamin C and eat real chickensoup. You can eat a grilled chicken first, leave enough meat on the bones to have some meat in your soup, clean the inside of the ribcage of remaining spices etc. and stew away all the leftovers of the chicken simmering for at least an hour. Enjoy. Chickensoup contains something that makes it better to chase away colds then any other soup. And keep your feet warm, because cold feet feed colds. Happy weekend.

Pat said...

Boy,after that first comment I feel really dumb! What great info it contained.
I had to make snowflakes at work once for an office party. Mine went into the trash. Enjoy your talent, I sure enjoy it!

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Lovely flakes.
Hope you feel better SOON and get to meet your blogger friend.
I hope I get to do the same thing next year and know I'd be disappointed too.
(((hugs)))Pat