Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, November 16, 2012

The End Is Near

Wow.  It's been a looong November.

Yesterday I felt well enough to spend the day with Kado and Feintsje.

Feintsje napped for well over three hours, but Kado could not nap at all.  He had such a dreadful ear ache that he could not even lay down.

Then Famke came.  She was sent home from school with a fever.

Famke didn't complain, but laid down with the glassy-est looking eyes and the reddest checks I have ever seen.  I gave them both meds, which helped them feel some what better, but I feared that Famke might be toying with pneumonia.

Daughter picked them up and brought them to the doctor.  Both of them had ear infections.  The doctor did not hear any pneumonia in Famke's lungs, but said that even if it were beginning (her temp was over 103 WITH the meds) that the medication he prescribed for her would knock it out.

They both came today and had a grand old time playing together.  I'd never have guessed they were the very same sick sick kids from the day before.  Except EXACTLY four hours to the minute after their last dose of medication.

Feintjse seems very much on the mend, which makes me very happy since we both became sick on the same day.

And Hertsje is perfectly well and deeply interested in EVERYTHING.

Even Jonge was here for awhile after school today.  He's feeling fine.

Hopefully, this is the end of this awful bug.  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hertsje may still have antibodies via her mum, especially if she had mummyfeed before bottlefeed. Wish you all well. I'll tell you an old Dutch remedie against earache, it helped, did not fix it, but mostly eased the pain and sometimes helped to break the infection. Do not attempt this at home without a dactor standing next to you, medicine are much better now then in the fifties. Take one mans woolen sock, one teatowel of cotton, one slice of dark rye bread (like german or dutch ryebread) and one kettle of steaming water. Place the bread in the steam, when very warm, fold bread is sock, fold towel around this package and fold till it is a long strip which you can bind around sufferers head, with the slice of bread over the ear. Should be bearable nice warm and do not forget the mentioning of sufferer. I have walked around with this package many times and it helped, but boy, would I have wanted the medicine had it been around when I was a child. It was best when you laid your head with the aging ear on the matrass and the package in between. (Think of old cartoons with persons with a toothache). Speedy recovery for all of you, Judy, maybe you need the medicine they had too!DM

MissKris said...

Well, let's pray so!!!

Rebecca said...

No fun! It's so hard to see children in pain and/or feeling low. (Not to mention feeling low yourself!) I, too, hope you're nearing the end of all the sickness! You're probably just passing it around. :(

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Love the way you capture your grands in the light. :0)
You do AWESOME!
(((hugs)))Pat

Amy said...

I'm glad all are feeling better. There's nothing better than when the medication kicks in. Great pictures of happy campers! ~amy

Anvilcloud said...

I am not happy to report that germs have found their way eastward.