Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, January 04, 2013

Sleep Over for Two

THGGM has been on vacation this week.

Much has been accomplished over here.

Although I still have pictures to post from the extended family Christmas party on Sunday.

Mostly we have been busy getting rid of stuff.  My, my, we DO have a lot of stuff!

Anyway, I've emptied two large four shelf bookcases, and have five large heavy boxes of books to be donated.  Most of them are just going back to where they came from, with the price tags still on them.

Last night we had a sleep-over with the two big kids.  We went to Wendy's for dinner and then did some clearance shopping at Michael's Craft Store.  We came home, snuggled in under a quilt and watched "Up".  Pake made them French Toast for breakfast.  For the rest of the morning we just hung out here.  They seemed to like that.  Not that I'm biased or anything, but they are really sweet kids.

Jonge turned SEVEN on New Year's Day.  SEVEN. I remember being seven like it was yesterday.  Except I cannot remember yesterday too well anymore.  But I bet I could name every kid in my second grade class.

Tomorrow we are having the carpets cleaned.  At 8:00 in the morning.  What was I thinking!?

Today I woke up with a very sore eye.  Eye problems are not new to me as my eyes are BAD and do not tear.  As the day wore on it became increasingly sore.  It appears that I have a cyst inside my eyelid.  This I know from googling my symptoms.  Ugh.  Wish I hadn't chosen  the option with pictures.  Anyway, the wonder that is google told me to put a warm washcloth on my eye for 10 minutes four times a day.  Do you want to know how long a wet washcloth stays warm in a house kept at a steady 63 degrees?  Not very long at all.  So, I hope I wake up tomorrow and it is healed.  Otherwise, google told me that it could go away by itself in something like sixteen weeks.  I'd like to go away by myself for sixteen weeks.  Wait.  No I don't.  I like to stay home.

But if I DO venture out and you happen to see me, I am not wearing purple eye shadow.  No.  That's the new hip look I'm sporting for the New Year.  It's called OUCH.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I feel sorry for you. When i was wearing lenses, my two year old threw a handful of sandbox sand to me. It was brandnew sand, not soaked through yet as was advised. I walked with an eye that went closed, seeping ugly green and yellow yuck for a week and next had to say goodbey to lenses forever, my eyes had decided they would make tears at an absolute minimum, so I do know how it musr feel. Well, since then they invented artificial lightweight glas for glasses, so my spectacles do no longer tip over as before (left 1,5, right 5,5 makes for a very much tilting spectacles with real glas!) Get wel soon, have you thought of warming (careful, check like with babybottles on the inside of your wridt!) wet washclothes in the microwave, like they do at Chinese/Indonesian food restaurants? They did it on steaming baskets, but nowadays they use the MW all the time, makes for warm wet everytime. DM

Anvilcloud said...

I have the opposite problem of too much tearing, except at night when they feel like sandpaper.

Melissa said...

Urgh - Tim knows about eye problems - I know about living with someone who has them...He had his eye appointment yesterday - his eye changed shape again so he will need a new contact prescription even though his actual vision hasn't changed.

Alice said...

We always used teabags. Good drawing properties also.