Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Saturday, March 23, 2013

10 In 10

1.  Today is the 39th anniversary of THGGM's and my first date.  We were mere children of fifteen.  Neither of us could drive, so he walked to my house and we studied Spanish together.
2.  So we celebrated all day long.  First he gave me a haircut.  It's handy to be married to someone who can cut my hair just how I want it.  And cheap.  It is also very cheap.
3,  Then we went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel.  It was no longer early and Cracker Barrel was VERY busy.  And since we were celebrating a special occasion we did not get oatmeal.
4.  Next we went to our local thrift store which had just set everything up for spring.  I bought eight saucers in the Snow White Regency pattern to make into cupcake holders.  I was going to make them out of wooden discs, but those cost nearly a dollar at Michael's and the saucers were only 25 cents a piece and will match my dishes.  These won't require sanding or painting so I'm considering this a bargain.  I already have the candle holders I'm planning to glue them to (will i actually ever do it remains to be seen).
5.  After that we went car shopping.  I went to the dentist this week, so why not car shopping?  I think I actually liked going to the dentist more.  Car shopping is just NOT my thing.  We have had our current car for over seven years now and have never had to do a thing to it except replace the breaks.  It's been an amazing car.  But, even after seven years I still have a difficult time finding it in a parking lot.  We took two cars for test drives.  I liked them both.  They were both cars.  They started and stopped.  That's really all I ask for in a car.  Did we buy a car?  No.  But THGGM enjoys looking at them.  A lot.
6.  By then I was tired and it was time for more medication.  My tooth still hurts.  It's still manageable with Ibuprofen every six hours, but I want to be done with that.  I still have three more days of antibiotics.
7.  THGGM got in a short nap while I drank coffee and played Scrabble on my computer.
8.  Next up we headed out to World Market where we found all kinds of things we liked but didn't need.  I cannot remember why we went there.  Certainly there must have been a reason.  But we left all the things we liked there.  It is so nice to not need things.
9.  By the time we left World Market I had decided that I would like to go to dinner at the Olive Garden.  I haven't been there in a very long time.  Suddenly I was craving Lasagna.  THGGM was craving a good old hamburger, but we went to the Olive Garden anyway.  We got there a bit before 4:30 and still had to wait 30 minutes.  I know WE were celebrating, but is it some other holiday that I don't know about?  Anyway, dinner was worth the wait.  But really, I'd go there just for the coffee.  Oh, dear.  I had coffee after 5:00.  Hmm.  This was NOT a good idea.
10.  After dinner we headed across Rivertown Parkway to the mall.  OH.  MY.  GOODNESS.  Was it the opening of the new Cabela's that had everyone out like it was Christmas time?  The traffic was awful and parking hard to come by.  So instead we went to Michael's were I celebrated by buying myself a very large circle punch which was 40% off.
Thirty-nine years.  Wow.  And neither one of us can speak Spanish yet.
Te quiero, Estaban, con todo mi corizon y mas.

3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Well, congratulations! I also had a spousla hairct, but thank goodness I am spared thrift trips. Shudder.

Mitzi said...

I agree with you. We are at the age where we no longer need things.It is a relief. However, sometimes we just need our trinkets.

Pat said...

I once gave my husband a haircut. Once in 47 years. Nuff said.
That sounds like a very busy and productive day. Now I want to eat at Olive Garden.