Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, July 21, 2013

Ten Random Thoughts in Ten Random Minutes

For those who were worried about me, I am  not now, nor was I ever, tired today.  Presently I am sitting here in my snug little den sipping Chamomile tea hoping that I shall soon feel tired enough to head to bed.
I believe that I had a migraine, but without the weird eye thingy or the head pain.  Because I did have every other freaky symptom that goes along with it.
Anyway, enough about that!
1.  Do you feed the birds?  I'm enjoying ours very much!  But if I plan to keep it up, I'm going to have to get another job.  It is more costly to feed them than to feed Zeke.
And pity the fool who is sitting all relaxed and carefree in the backyard when the food run out.
2.  Today after church we took a trip to Douglas to do a bit of antique shopping.  Didn't see anything to write home about, but I did leave with a nice baggy full of game pieces.  Now that I have a vice I'm hoping to turn a few things into jewelry.  I might.  I could.  Maybe I should sell them and continue to feed the birds (toppins a bag! toppins, toppins, toppins a bag!).  Oh, come on.  You know you were singing it too.  Edit:  Make that tuppence!  I just made it rhyme with Poppins!
3.  In our travels today I spotted some very nice birds.  On the way to Douglas a hawk flew right in front of the car, close enough to get a very good look at him.  I believe it was an immature red-tailed hawk.  Not because it wasn't behaving properly, but because it had weird colorings - almost splotchy looking.  Later I saw two others, and then this evening I saw a very large heron on a pond.  I do love birds.
4.  Today we also went out for an extravagant lunch.  At Burger King.  In Saugatuck.  We did drive through downtown but there was not a parking spot to be had.  Which was fine with me because I LOVE Saugatuck in the off season.  Not when it is crowded.  So Burger King it was.  The food of course was the usual Burger King-ish food, but the service was extremely S..L..O..W.  One would have thought that they were busy, but they were not.
5.  Anyway.., we got back home in plenty of time for THGGM to float on his inflatable raft in his inflatable pool in the backyard.  I love to watch him from the window, but he will not let me take pictures of him.
6.  Have any of you seen the picture on Pinterest of the really cute three-teared wire basket that World Market is selling?  I did.  And I had just the place for it.  So I went to check it out today.  It was very nice, but much smaller than it looked in the picture and at the high price of fifty bucks.  Sometimes I just have to remind myself that it is never worth it to pay money for something that will hold a months worth of bills.  So I guess I'll just continue to add them to the leaning pile where they wait for THGGM to do something special with them.
7.  Then we went to Michaels craft store.  I cannot go there anymore.  It's all because I get ideas.  Ideas for every little thing that I see there.  Some people hoard food in case of a crisis.  I hoard craft supplies.  One just never knows when one might need a tub of plastic beads when none are to be found.  So if the grid goes down and you run out of beads, or a variety of glues, or pipe cleaners, or foam letters, or washi tape, call me.  I'm rather well stocked.  For now, anyway.
8.  Well now.  That brings us to 11:00.  It is raining like mad outside.  I thought I should catch the news at eleven, but sadly the TV screen tells me that I am experiencing total signal loss.  Isn't that something?
9.  Not that it will hurt me to go to bed before 11:30.  Monday morning seems to come earlier than all the other mornings of the week.  Not sure why that is, but, oh well.
10.  My chamomile tea seems to be doing its job.  A wonderful book on my Kindle awaits me, and I shall fall to sleep listening to the rain.
And this my friends, is called a GOOD WEEKEND.

3 comments:

Melodee said...

Sounds lovely.

Anvilcloud said...

We once fed birds but gave it up after those rapacious starlings and blackbirds kept pillaging our offerings.

Anonymous said...

Judy:

It is tuppence a bag! That is, tuppence as in two pence, Miss Mary Poppins Girl.

How I love checking in with you and your family. I think that is the first little thingey (not exactly a typo) I've seen in five years of reading.

Love,

Annie
The View from 256