Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, October 20, 2013

Fabulous Fall Find

On THIS particular trip to Wisconsin, we did NOT drive home with a piece of furniture hanging out of our vehicle.  Although it did not look likely that this would fit, the two of us were able to push and shove this lovely little dresser into the back seat. of our Buick Regal.  Then all the way home we wondered how it would EVER come back out again.

But look!  It did!

And we have just the place for it in the front entryway.
And of course, I - loving all things "desk" - am thrilled with this little writing table that pulls out.

THGGM has already altered this to neatly accommodate his electronics.

This was purchased at a lovely antiques mall in Benson's Corner.

If you want to go there yourself it's on highway 50 which is off the Interstate not to far into Wisconsin.

Every year we find treasures there.  I bet you would too!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, I bet I would find far too many treasures there. What a nice computer table that is and drawers to put everything away again too. Saves you from a ride to the blue and yellow store to buy something that will last for hopefully ten years. Good quality always pays off in the end.(Like a Singer handcrank model 99 from the year 1954, I could not resist. I hate the electric one always taking two stitches too far, this one i can stop when I (and I mena I, not the machine) wants to. And it was cheap and in full working ordre. Those are the purchases one should not think about, but run tio the paydesk, money in hand, before someone else gets his/her gready fingers on it. I too try to stop buyng crafty things, the result is still humhum. DM Hm, the robotword is redTan, something I suffer from even in winter when the sun shines too crisp for my skin).

Debra said...

Oh wow! Gorgeous find and looks amazing in your home (truly). Loved hearing about your trip in the post, above, and glad you had fun! Blessings, Debra

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

I do LOVE your "new" dresser!! I absolutely love furniture that has cool things like that - the pull out desk. Absolutely LOVE it!
Enjoy it, Lisa :O)