Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, October 20, 2013

Shallow Happiness and Sadness

 Of course in the whole of life, these things matter very little, but on the shallow end of things, I was both happy AND sad when we stopped into Gurney Mills on our trip home from Wisconsin.
My very favorite store there - the ONLY one I go there for - was closing. Archiver's.  Not all of their stores, just the one in Gurney Mills.  But it's the only one I've ever been to.

My sadness was short lived, as their closing meant that everything, and I mean EVERYTHING was 40% off, including sale and clearance merchandise.

 I found this fabulous pad of paper with charming old-fashioned designs.  I LOVE it.

And since Famke has expressed a deep desire to make cards with me, I found a few fun things for doing that too.

And a very large punch for making banners.

I even found a pad of paper for making paper purses.  I think Famke will enjoy that too (hmm.  that is fun to say.  a pad of paper for making paper purses).

You'd be proud though.  Once I found this great paper, I put a bunch of other things back.

 I really did.  I didn't want to, but I'm trying to be grown up about things like that.

It usually doesn't work too well, so when it DOES work, I brag about it.

I'm weird like that.

THGGM and I walked nearly the whole of Gurney Mills, which is HUGE.  So leaving the mall we stopped at Starbucks.  It was no where near the place we came in, so we were walking the mall with our goods and carrying our Salted Caramel Mocha's when suddenly THGGM sucked in a big breath and said "OH NO!"

Needless to say, this caused me to startle and my Salted Caramel Mocha jumped out of  my cup and spilled all down the front of my very solid off white shirt.  Yes.  I had to walk the remainder of the mall with deep dark splotches of Salted Caramel Mocha down the front of me.  It was embarrassing.

And are you wondering what THGGM said "OH NO!" about in such an alarming way?  It had just occurred to him that we had a dresser taking up the whole of our back seat (see below) and still had a dog to pick up before we reached home.

Thankfully, I still had a clean shirt in the car.  And for the last leg of our trip, I held Zeke on my lap.  He didn't mind one little bit.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, it pays having a clean Tshirt (and trousers maybee?) in the car,better then having to thrift an ugly one (the only one that fit) don't ask, had to do with a carsick child. I do that, pat my shoulder, every time I see those nice signs: Did you use your strobeflash? Thank you!(indicator, blinker)Yes, I did, I always do and I almost always give myself the "well done" award too. Only saturday I realised I should award myself when I manage not to go out to thrift when I do not know what to purchase instead of scolding myself when I did just that. I try to go down a step on thrifting, because our house gets a bit (smile) overloaded. Now there is a big cardboard box with the things I have trifted better wuality for, I just seem to forget to take them to a triftstore so others can be happy with what I do not need (including having to compare two by two two spinningwheels, when I can not even spin, five is too much, two same but less productive, though very nice for just sitting in the room, have to go. If only the charitu giving away time would open their doors, I would do better! DM

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

I c u have done some travelin in the past. ;0)
(((hugs)))

Melissa said...

Oh dear!! Made me chuckle...

Melissa said...

Made me chuckle!!