Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, October 20, 2013

Where I've Been

THGGM and I spent last week in Wisconsin.  But to get there, we drove through Chicago.  Were I the driver, we would have skirted Chicago, maybe even skipping the states of Indiana and Illinois completely in favor of traveling through the U.P. of Michigan.  But alas, I am not the driver.  So we went through Chicago.  Traffic wasn't bad and we were in no real close calls until we arrived at the parking lot of Ikea.  There we were nearly T-boned by someone paying no attention AT ALL to what was right in front of her. Which was us.  I guess leaving Ikea will do that to you.  Once we left Ikea, with a large bagful of Ikea treasures (one being a toilet brush) the sun didn't appear much at all until days later when we arrived safely home.  And I can assure you, Wisconsin is beautiful in the fall, even in the rain.

2 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I'm with you and scarcely imagine opting to drive thru a big city like Chicago.

Yvonne said...

If you were at the Ikea in Schaumburg by Woodfield Mall, that is literally 20 minutes from our house!