Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, July 29, 2014

More of My Favorite Finds

This is another of my fun finds from Saturday's second thrift store stop.  An eight inch figure of Bartje.  I had the smaller one already, but really, could one ever have too many figures of Bartje?  I think not.  As I was washing it up a bit, I noticed something inside.  That someone was kind enough to keep the little "write-up" right up inside of the figure is great.  Because I learned something.  I knew a bit about the original Bartje statue, but I did not know that he exists because of a book.  Or maybe I did know, but forgot.  But for sure I did not know that it was written by Anne de Vries the author of a four volume set of history books that were commissioned by the queen to tell the story of the Dutch during WWII.  I loved those volumes and used to read them every few years.  So now I shall be looking for a copy of Bartje, which I hope I shall find.

1 comment:

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

I feel your joy! :0)
(((hugs)))