Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Saturday, July 18, 2015

A Trip To Lake Michigan

 Wednesday turned out to be one of the nicest days I can remember!  I grabbed up what food we had on hand and we jumped into daughter's van for a picnic in the woods!  Of course, we first stopped to buy bug spray with DEET due to the problem with tics this year.
 I was able to come up with peanut butter, honey, raisins, bananas, apples and crackers!  Not TOO bad, if I do say so myself.
 This is what it looks like in the woods at PJ Hoffmaster State Park on a glorious Wednesday in July.

 And if you come eat with me, I will not require you to remain at the table until everyone is finished, AND you do not have to eat your crusts.

The woods were FULL of acorns, so we all worked together to fill up a ziplock bag.

You know, for fairy hats and things like that.

Oh!  And THIS is the picnic basket that THGGM found last week at the thrift store.

It's HUGE, and was filled with picnic stuff.  Brightly colored divided plates with matching mugs, stainless spoons and forks, a cute table cloth, and one of those wooden things on legs to keep pies from getting squished.

After our picnic and the gathering of acorns, we were off to hike through the woods to the beach.

I love the woods along Lake Michigan.

It's so peaceful there.

Such a gorgeous day, and we saw hardly anybody.

Where IS everyone?  

No comments: