Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, October 13, 2015

On Monday We Painted Things

THGGM continued to paint on Monday.

He took Feintje with him to purchase new switch plates for the entry way.

When Hertsje came, he set them up at the picnic table in the backyard so they could paint them for him.
As you can see, these two took the job very seriously.

Very.

Seriously.
They both wanted to continue painting after the switch plates were completed.  So Pake told them they could also paint the sheet.  Oh, the fun they had!  I'm not sure if you can tell, but Feintsje painted trucks, and Hertsje painted flowers.
And now we have a lovely Norwegian blue entry way with matching switch plates (not shown), and an even brighter orange door.

Next I shall need to swap out the green on the bird prints  They aren't really mats, as I just removed some pages from a bird book and glued them to some green scrapbook paper I found years ago on clearance at Michael's.

THGGM has suggest I go with orange, but I don't think I want to commit to orange once the front door is closed for the season and the pumpkins go into a box in the basement.

So I think I'll begin with a khaki color and proceed from there.

I may even go in an entirely different direction.  In that top drawer of the dresser you see in this picture there is a stack of a different type of bird pictures. More the kind that are found around here.  Those are smaller and in more muted tones, so we shall see.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

These pics reminded me of when we moved into this house. The kids, then 3, 3, and 5, wanted to help paint. Rather than tell them no, Nelson put down a tarp, took off their clothes down to their unders and let them go at it. They had a blast and no one was worse for the wear. He has always been better at finding creative ways to say yes when I want to jump to no. He's wise that way.