Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, October 18, 2015

Wednesday of Vacation Week

The trip through Michigan was beautiful, yet not quite as colorful as next week is sure to be. Indiana still did not have much color at all.
Michigan was cloudy all morning, but once we hit the bottom of Lake Michigan, the sky was blue.  This is NOT how it usually goes.
And, as always, no matter what time we leave home and where we stop along the way, we seem to always hit Chicago at noon.
And LOOK!

It's Lake Michigan!

Everywhere I go on vacation it is a requirement that Lake Michigan is visible at some point.

Seriously.
Hmm.  Not sure where my skyline pictures went, but trust me, it was beautiful.
Clear sailing all the way from Grand Rapids to Burlington, WI.

I love it here.
That is THGGM waaay over there.  He  humors me.
I am enamored with this statue.

I have seen her twice now in the fall, once in the summer, and once in the spring.  I doubt that I shall ever see her in the winter, so it's a good thing I have an adequate imagination.
 This place, belonging to Franciscan Monks, is the epitome of peaceful.  If an area can actually feel blessed, this place does.

No comments: