Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Long Long Ago in a Land Far Away from Now


Today is Youngest Son's thirty second birthday!

THGGM and I were able to take him out for breakfast this morning, as we all had the day off.

As you can see in these pictures, he clearly is four years old.

I remember this birthday clearly.

Our tradition was to make our own birthday posters.  It really was quite fun.

The cake came from an idea in the back of my Betty Crocker cookbook.  It's a carousal cake with animal crackers stuck onto straws.

The large candles were used because there was no way to light candles under that carousal top!

Youngest Son celebrated his birthday at another party a few days later.  That day he insisted he was eight.  I told him, no, you are still only four.  He replied that he blew out four candles at the first party and four candles at the second party, so now he was eight, because four plus four is eight.

I still don't know where the time went.  Does anybody know?


No comments: