Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Saturday, July 02, 2016

Birthday Party for Kado and Feintsje

 

Today was another nearly perfect summer day in West Michigan.
Warm and sunny, yet not humid at all.  
And there was plenty of great food and exciting presents too!
But once the presents were opened, it was hard to take pictures of the birthday boys who had new things to play with!
Thankfully, there were also TWO new cousins on Son-in-laws side of the family who aren't into the moving around stage yet.
This is Famke with her nine month old cousin.
Daughter has the perfect yard for entertaining children.
Fenced in, things to climb on, room to run around.  If I were the jealous type, I'd be jealous of her yard.  
Uncle Oldest Son kept the swings moving.
The view is better from up high!
 
I didn't get a picture of them, but Jonge found two trophies at the thrift store this morning, and wrapped them up for his brothers.
He said his brothers saw his All Star trophy and they each wanted one soooo badly, so he picked out a T-ball trophy for Feintsje and a baseball trophy for Kado.
They could not believe it when they opened them up!  So much excitement!
And I kept my mouth shut about how trophies should be EARNED and just let him give his little brothers something that they truly wanted.
I'm learning.
I don't have to weigh in on EVERYTHING.
 


Daughter also had amazing goody bags for the kid guests.
Even silly string!
Here Youngest Son is teaching his daughter the fine art of shooting silly string.
I did take a lot of pictures of that, but mostly everyone was just a blur.  
And this is Famke with her six month old cousin.  I'm not sure why they aren't smiling, as everyone was very happy!
In our family we have FIVE birthdays in June.  This is a dream come true for me, as I used to be the only one.  Then came Daughter-in-law1, followed by Kado, Feintsje, and Broeder.

No comments: