Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Thursday, August 04, 2016

I Make Stuff Out Of Stuff

I made this couch for Famke for her 9th birthday which is next week.
Saturday at her sleep-over we started working on it together.
For the next few days it took over our kitchen table, but I got it finished Tuesday evening and she took it home with her last night.
I probably should write down somewhere how we did it, but I sort of just wing it, which makes writing it all down somewhat difficult.




I'm happy with how it turned out, but more importantly, so is Famke!
I make them deep, since the American Girl doll's knees do not bend.  This one will nicely hold two dolls sitting, but one fits pretty well lying down.

This is what I used to make it:

A cardboard box (from an Amazon delivery)
Thrifted upholstery fabric ($2.00)
Half a bag of thrifted fiber fill. ($1.00 for the bag)
Thrifted wooden napkin rings (.50)
A handful of tongue depressors (to reinforce the back)
The "board" from a broken clipboard (to reinforce the seat)
Two pieces cut from a pool noodle (for the armrests)
Thrifted crochet lace
Regular ol' Elmer's Glue

Son-in-law built a loft bed for Famke for her birthday.  Underneath it she is going to have a little reading area for herself, and a place for her American Girl Doll and her furniture.  I can't wait to see how she arranges all of it!

No comments: