Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, October 20, 2017

And Then I Got an Idea

Earlier in the week I let the girls see the NEW doll room.
On Thursday I went down with them while they played.
We talked about how they will each have a spot to keep the things that belong to them/their dolls, and how we can keep their brothers from messing with their stuff.
We also talked about how we all have different expectations for how things "should" be, and what we can do to make it workable for all of us.
They had very good thoughts on all of this.
Since there is a 4 1/2 year difference in age between the two of them, I'm amazed with their ability to respect each other while playing in their own particular way.
It really is amazing
While we were talking I was looking at the blank, blah, gray partition.
I got an idea.
While the girls played I went on a hunt for a curtain panel that could look like old-fashion wall paper from the 1930's (my doll is from that time period).
Since it's a partition wall, everything is held up with T-pins and pearl head pins - the long kind.
 For now I've added blue paper to the windows, but I'm thinking I'll find a pleasant scene, take a picture, and enlarge it to 11x14.  Something rather plain.  Maybe a tree?  I could make a print for every season (more ideas!).

Um, yeah.
I have to keep reminding myself that I am doing this for Hertsje and Famke.
They don't have to send their dolls back to the 1930's, but we are enjoying talking about what it was like for their great grandparents.
Of course, that conversation got started when they noticed that my doll had "weird" underpants. 
Now they even know about feed sack dresses.
Me being me, I had to add a picture with a windmill.
I also remembered that I had a mini plaque like the kind everyone I knew had hanging in their homes when I was a kid.
If my memory is correct, these plaques always seemed to be hung way too high.  So I hung mine lower.
It is easy to change things around when all I have to do is move a pin!
Anyway.., I'm having WAAAAY to much fun with this!
The kitchen is taking shape too, but I still have to work on the school room, and fashion a stable for the horse. 
Not everything will be able to stay out all the time, so I've got some ideas for storage AND
I've also got an idea to make a dollhouse for our dolls.
The grand daughters thought THAT was a fabulous idea, so maybe this winter we will work on that after school. 


1 comment:

The PrairieHomemaker said...

Judy judy Judy...
There is not one thing wrong with you doing things for YOUR doll!
I have 2 dolls houses, for my own amusement as well as for any kind that come to play.
I finally found the perfect finishing touch to my Springfield lass's outfit... glasses!
Yes I bought glasses for my doll. She is one I do not let kind play with. She is for my own amusement alone.
They have dolls that I set aside for them as well. Olivia however is my own.
hugs honey, as usual I find your ideas wonderfully imaginative and fun!
Have a blessed weekend
mel