Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, November 19, 2017

This Weekend

It is Sunday evening, I feel a weekend review coming on!

Friday when THGGM got out of work for the week (at 12:30!) we headed off to Blue Ginger for lunch, did a bit of shopping (i went to michael's!) all while arriving home in time for THGGM to take a nap.

He needed a nap since the oldest four grand kids were coming over later. THGGM chose Field of Dreams for us to watch. Famke and I listened to it, while fixing up the doll room to get it ready for Christmas! Of course, we also made popcorn.  Because I am old, I keep forgetting that Jonge cannot eat popcorn due to having braces, so I was able to scrounge up some cookies for him. 

That was our Friday, and it was lovely.

On Saturday we went to our two favorite thrift stores (of course we did!). At the first one I found the piano book pictured above.  It's "Christmas Songs the World Over", in it I found the music to Christmas in Killarney (i know. nobody cares. but it made me extremely happy in that shallow sort of way that comes over me at times).  The book was ONLY 50 cents, has CHORD SYMBOLS, and Christmas in Killarney is in the key of C which delights me (look, i know i am boring, have odd hobbies, and collect too many things. so?).
At the second thrift store all women's clothing was one dollar. So I took the time to look around for mock turtlenecks, something I never thought I would wear again, but seem to need now since I inadvertently purchased sweaters that have wool in them, and my neck has informed me that wool may NEVER touch it. EVER. Happily I found a red, a black, and a pale green mock turtleneck which means that now I can wear those sweaters (and my neck has thanked me by not turning an itchy shade of red)! As we were heading toward the check-out, I passed a set of shelves I had failed to investigate previously. There, on the very bottom corner shelf (really, it was ALMOST on the floor), I saw a Spode Christmas Tree saucer with a five dollar price tag. I thought that was quite a bit for one saucer, but since I haven't any, I  thought I'd ask (i NEVER ask about anything EVER, but i felt it would also help out the cashier who was being badgered by a shopper about why she wouldn't consider lowering the price on one of those ceramic christmas trees that were so popular 40 some years ago and seem to be popular again). Anyway.., she told me that the five dollar price was for ALL of  them. They came home with me (surprised? of course you aren't!) to join the six cups and one plate that I had slowly gathered over the years. All of them are sweetly nestled together in a glass front cabinet where I may or may not use them over the Christmas season (you do not know. i MIGHT).
After shopping we were hungry. THGGM was craving lunch at Simple, but since all three of the Simple restaurants are in Wisconsin, we didn't think we could make it there in time for lunch. Instead, he remembered Arnie's has a very good tomato soup and whole grain sour dough grilled cheese that would do until we make it back to Simple (sometime next year). Thankfully, that is what we got, and also bought two loaves of their whole grain sour dough bread which is only 10 carbs per slice. They ARE small slices, but when you are eating WASA bread, anything with the same carb count as that but resembles REAL honest to goodness bread is a wonderful thing (it would also be utterly impossible to grill a wasa)!
After lunch, we again returned home for THGGM to nap. This was again necessary as we had evening plans. The high school down the street from us was performing our favorite play, The Curious Savage. Even though it was very cold, rainy, and windy we donned winter attire to trudge through the elements, leaving the car at home (of course, we only had to cross the street and we were in their parking lot, but still. we walked there. we are outdoorsy like that).  The play was WONDERFUL, so glad we went! Had we gone to one of the earlier performances I believe we would still have gone again on Saturday (no, and not because we are boring, although i am, but because it was sooo good. i am sorry you missed it).
Today was a day of rest for us. THGGM and I did do a bit of moving things around here, which was all kinds of exciting, but mostly, we watched snowflakes gently falling while we
rested. And it was GOOD.


No comments: