Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, December 01, 2017

This Christmas season I am trying to decorate in a simpler way (i believe this is my motto every year).
I'm not sure I CAN, but I am off to a good start.
So, I'm doing what I enjoy most - creating scenes.
This particular scene was put together using things I already had that were lying around my house.
The base is the top of an old wooden firkin.
The tall green candle had been in a piece of stoneware, but I recently broke that, so it had to go somewhere and ended up here, wrapped in a bit of plaid ribbon, tied with twine.
The trees and tiny pinecones (not sure those show up, they are around the candle base) came from various thrift stores.
The buck, doe, and fawn came from the grand kids box of plastic animals (they're not getting them back!).
It needed a bit ore color, so in went the small red ball which just happened to be on the floor at my feet when I was putting this together.
I love it! Especially when the sun hits it "just so" early in the morning!
May your Christmas season be peaceful and calm in this unsettling world of ours.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

You're really good a creating scenes!
This IS lovely.
:)