Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Monday, August 06, 2018

Cottage 2018, Last Monday

Jonge enjoyed a lazy morning in the hammock
There really is nothing lazy about him, so it was good to see him relaxing!
The yellow cottage next to ours has had the same family in it for the past two years. 
They gather here from all over the country.
Don't think for one moment that I do not appreciated that my family is all at least within a 15 minute driving distance from each other.
I consider that a real blessing! 


We know how to have fun together, and we also know it's okay to go do our own thing.
We have runners, bikers, swimmers, walkers, game enthusiasts, and readers. 
There is plenty to do in and around Holland, but I had no desire this year to leave this amazing spot to do anything else.
It's only a short drive from home, we'll do those things when we aren't on vacation! 


 Usually, finding solitude isn't a problem.
There were even a few occasions when THGGM WASN'T in the lake.
The lake is his happy place.
He got to be happy all week long.


The deck overlooking the lake is my happy place.
Quite a few books came along with me.
I reread Elizabeth Goudge's "The Scent of Water".
The perfect book to read while smelling water!
I first read it about 30 years ago.
It is always interesting to me how different things jump out at me in a book as I age.


 The view from the deck never disappoints.
Famke and Daughter
enjoying a word puzzle book.
Sunsets over Lake Michigan are unique and simply gorgeous! 

No comments: