Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Thursday, May 17, 2007

Great Thursday




I no longer have wireless. There are a lot of things I will soon no longer have. It's really not so bad, except that I have been trying to post ONE picture, and after 15 minutes it still will not appear in this post. For that, I will grieve a little.

(well. would you look at that. 29 minutes and there it is!)




I think it is also time to get rid of DISH, since the season finale of "The Office" the only thing I would use it for is to DVR "Mr. Roger's Neighborhood". Baby Boy loves that, but he isn't here at 5:30 AM when it airs, so it has been nice to record it for him. For the money, I could probably find a few on DVD. I will have to check. Interesting note - Oldest Son told me this weekend that Neighbor Aber was in "Silence of the Lambs". I am shocked and appalled. I knew Lady Eberlin was in "Jersey Girl", and he told me she was also in "Dogma".

Baby Boy has been sweet and funny ALL week. Today, he even willingly laid down for his nap in his packn'play. This brings joy to my heart. He is getting heavy for me to waltz around with at nap time. I was so tired today I even had my mom worried. Today was the first day I noticed how dependent I had become on my morning caffeine jolt. My mom told me she has been worried about me since that week I was SO tired from my medication. Ummm. That wasn't me, that was her!
(hey! a second picture appeared, and in only 5 minutes! this isn't so bad - and i can post from the comfort of my bed!)
Tomorrow I have plans to stay home and smack my house into shape. It's been TWO weeks. That makes for a lot of cute little finger prints to scrub away. And, unless there is a brand of green hotdogs, my fridge needs some attention, too.
I've decided to go back and reread my copy of Larry Crabb's "Inside Out". I saw a copy of it in the thrift store over the weekend. It was a copy that someone had actually written in, and yet, gave away. That reminds me - I must tell my family that after I am dead, PLEASE do not donate to the thrift store books in which I have written! Thankfully, I wrote in a 'code' where certain events were represented by symbols. And, yes, I do remember what the symbols represent. But.., still. Actually, some of those symbols, when seen in normal context, are now associated so much with certain events in my past that it all comes flooding back. How weird is that? Sometimes it bothers me just how Pavlov's dog-ish I can be.
I'm rambling, aren't I? It is harder than I thought to write in a different location. In bed, with someone snoring up a storm. I bet even that robin family is annoyed by it.
Does anyone else have the feeling that it is ALWAYS Thursday? I don't know why that is, but in my life, it seems to always be Thursday.
Except, of course, when it's not.
(blogger now automatically saves drafts? be still my beating heart!)
















No comments: