Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, July 20, 2014

Last Week Tuesday Morning


Last week Tuesday morning it was cool and rainy.  Thankfully, we knew that was coming and planned accordingly.  Since I love cool and rainy weather it certainly was not a problem to me!

Pake, Jonge, and Famke got up, brought me coffee, and then went to the pool for a swim.

When they came back to the room we had breakfast consisting of the wonderful groceries we bought at Tom's.

Cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, and oh, did I mention fresh LOCAL cherries?  YUM!  Breakfast was a success!

 For years now I have driven past the Dennos Museum entrance at North Western Michigan College.  I always wanted to stop.

So on this cool and rainy Tuesday morning, that is exactly what we did!

And it was amazing.  They are known for their permanent exhibit of Inuit art, and it is excellent.  I could have stayed for hours looking at that.

They also had some very nice hands-on exhibits.  Since we were pretty much the only people there we were able to spend a lot of time exploring those.
They also had an exhibit of the wire mesh art of Seungmo Park.

We saw a brief video of how he does his work, and then we got to walk right inside one of his pieces.

There was even a hands-on area to try it for yourself.




 I have to confess that although I DO love art, I haven't been to many (any?) art museums.  But I still would highly recommend you stop at the Dennos if you ever visit Traverse City.  Especially if you are there on a cool and rainy day.

 Oh, and of course we took Jonge and Famke to Don's Drive-In!  How fun is it to eat your lunch out of a cardboard car?  Very fun!

When we got back into the car, we asked, "Where do you want to go now?"  And the answer was "Michaels!"  Oh, yes.  Still visiting the craft store, even while on vacation.

No comments: