Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, July 20, 2014

Last Week Wednesday Afternoon part 1

 From Northport we continued north until we ran into the Grand Traverse Lighthouse.
 It is now a beautifully maintained museum.

 It is even possible to climb a narrow stairway to go to the very top where the light used to be.  Jonge and Famke climbed up very gingerly, Pake a bit reluctantly, and me - not at all.  I've climbed it in the past, and that is enough for me!
 And LOOK!  There is even a library!  That is more my speed.
I love this stairway, and those wooden steps, covered in that nonslip rubber, make the very same sounds that the stairs made at my grandparents house when I was a child.  


 I'm a big fan of the Lighthouse kitchen also.

There were so many interesting things to look at we could have spent even more time here.  

 But we wanted to leave time to walk down to the beach.  This beach would be right on the tip of your little finger, if you care to view your hand as lower Michigan.



 This little chipmunk was extremely social.

No comments: