Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Monday, May 13, 2019

Mothers Day Weekend

Daughter and Son-in-law had all of us over to celebrate Mothers Day on Saturday.

It was delightful!

Since I did not host, I made my own chalkboard decor, because I'm odd like that.
Our main courses were beef tacos and chicken frajitas, which as always, were sooooo good!

Famke made the stuffed strawberries, and THGGM made Lemon Fruit Pizza dessert. 

I could hardly move after I ate. 
Some of us watched the Detroit Tigers win.
Thankfully for Daughter-in-law, Son-in-law, and myself, allowances are always made for the introverts among us who cannot be nonstop-socially-interactive without recharging.
There were also games!

These guys played Cockroach Poker.
I learn something new every time I am with any of these, my people.
I've passed on the knowledge my mother passed on to me to my daughter.

Mother's with children at home don't really get to celebrate Mothers Day for themselves.

You have to wait until you're really old for that.

At least that's what my mom always said (kinda-sorta).

Well, just so you know, I had a WONDERFUL weekend.., so apparently.., I am really old. 


No comments: