Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Monday, January 11, 2021

Entertaining Myself

My new Light Box arrived! 
In my real life, THGGM is painting our kitchen cupboards.

He does not require my help.

Actually, I think he prefers that I do not enter the kitchen while he paints, which works out rather nicely for me, as he even brings me coffee.

I can't argue with that.

When the grand daughters were greatly into American Girl Dolls I made a room for them in our basement. 

But, one of them has grown out of that, and the other has her own dolls living happily in her new room at her house.

That left me with a large space for my doll, and although there are times I regret taking it all down, I couldn't justify it any longer.

Or, maybe it would be more honest to say I could no longer explain to THGGM why I needed an entire room for my toys.

It isn't like I don't already have a main floor room of my own, and a very large basement room with it's own three closets, AND another room with a large work bench and a peg board wall.

Um. Yes. I do have all that space.

So, my plan is to have a wall in THGGM's former office.

That seemed fair and reasonable, and the grand daughters can still have access to it IF THEY DON"T MESS UP MY STUFF.

They never have. But, having grown up in a home where my sisters were both in school by the time I came along, I do have issues with anyone at all, even those I deeply love TOUCHING MY STUFF. (To be perfectly honest here, I did not have any trouble at all with touching their stuff, which they freely remind me of if ever it comes up. Funny how that works!)

Isn't it interesting how my doll's decorating style is so similar to my own?

I believe that may have something to do with why the grand daughters had less interest.

My doll and her furnishings which I lovingly purchased at antique and thrift stores over the years, lacked the modern vibe and bright colors they both adored. 

So, I haven't shed any tears over this. Yet.

Oh look!

She even crochets! 

My most commonly used phrase seems to be "when I get organized"...

It's been 62 years. I'm older, tired-er, and kind of forgetful so have become aware that this may not happen.

BUT, my hope is that I get it all eventually into THGGM's old office, light boxes and all.  

The addition of two comfy chairs, bookcases full of books, and a place for all this fun stuff and I shall read, play, crochet, and do laundry while living my dream. Or not. Whatever. 

I am a bit jealous that my doll has a dog.

I used to have a pets.

Even a dog like this one.

But for now, I'm pet-less.

Anyway...

This is one of the things I've been doing when I'm not reading. 


No comments: