Oh, what a lovely day it was today!
The sun shone, the birds sang, THGGM mowed the lawn...
We thift shopped a little bit. I bought a Honer recorder for Baby Boy. I believe I will regret this early Monday morning, but, oh well. The boy does like to make music. I also picked up three summer shirts for him, and - drum roll please - a Bob the Builder Memory game! Hooray! In this family, memory is an important topic.
I found a wonderful old game with Bakelite letter cubes. That made me squeal with happiness - and also itch like crazy, as when I got it home and opened the box, it was green with mold. The box. The letters, being of a non-moldy material, are fine.
This was such stressful week. I went into emotional lockdown mode several times just to survive it. But, the week ended well.
When I got to my parents house this evening, I found my mom clothed, and in her right mind. The nasty painkiller life-sapper drug was out of her system. We had one of the longest, clearest, deepest conversations together than we have had in at least two years. I know this, because when I went to sit down to fill all of their meds for the week, mom sat on the couch. She said, I'll just leave you alone while you do that, so I won't be tempted to talk to you while you are concentrating.
I assured her she wouldn't be bothering me, and she came over to the table, where she proceeded to tell me that she could not believe how tired and confused she has been, but that TODAY she could finally think a few thoughts that made sense.
I told her how alarmed I was by how tired she had been on Thursday. Then, I told her how Baby Boy had dusted her! She said she didn't remember anything from Thursday, except that Baby Boy was there, but she wasn't with it enough to play with him. Yes. I told her, that certainly was the case!
My dad wasn't home when I arrived. She told me he had gone out to pick up milk and would be back before I left. When he came home, he was even surprised at how awake and alert she was.
I stayed for an hour. Mostly for my own sake. I needed my mom, and she was there.
I nearly danced all the way home. Although, I almost didn't make it home. If you lived in my neighborhood, you might know of the strange lady in the brown car. She drives around and around and around and scares the 'what-not' out of people, plants and things. She almost hit me. (which reminds me that Thursday, my dad jumped out of his chair in my living room because he saw a car across the street ride over a curb and onto the sidewalk. it was the brown car lady.)
The evening was topped off by a trip to the Dairy Dip with Baby Boy and his family. He likes me better than ice cream.
Tonight THGGM and I watched "Night at the Museum". Last night it was "The Queen". My, my. aren't we immersing ourselves in culture.
And now it is time for the National Anthem, and then the test pattern will appear on your screen.
Good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Oh - the last three posts are all good for separate reasons.
The photo is the kind of thing I would have tried to do deliberately. ;)
Your story made me smile until my face hurt.
I keep coming back to the only way to get through some times is to do the next thing you are asked to do and let God take care of the rest.
I tell myself a lot lately - do the next thing.
I am so glad your Mom was coherent and there for you. It is hard - I know from watching my Mom.
Take care - with prayer,
M
Oh! So glad your mom is doing better. Something a little similar happened with Tom's mom because of med's, too...sigh... I'm praying your mom will continue to improve. We saw Night at the Museum at the theater and really enjoyed it, though we agreed we'd probably not liked it as much on the small screen--some movies are like that. Anyway, we thought it was cute and were delighted to see Dick van Dyke and Mickey Rooney in something together and having a great time (you could tell they had fun)... Have a blessed Sunday! ...Debra
What did you think of "The Queen"? I loved the museum movie, and saw the trailer for the other.
I think its a God gift that you got your real mother for a time.
Such a gift, the time you had with your mom. It made me smile and cry at the same time. How I miss my mom!
What a treat for you and how great that you know it! I hope there are more in store.
Thank you, all! I cannot begin to tell you how much it means to me.
Now, to answer the questions...
I really enjoyed "The Queen". It had all of the elements I am looking for in a movie.
"Night at the Museum" was good too. Although, I'm sure it would have been MUCH better in the theater. I didn't think I would be so pulled in by it. I had two new magazines on my lap and I never even glanced at either of them during the movie. Says a lot!
So glad you had a good time with your mom!! When my mom had her heart attack that nearly killed her, in that process it damaged her voice box and she was never able to talk normally again afterwards....just in a hoarse kind of whisper. Except one time we were on our way to see them and called on the cell phone to tell them we were about an hour away...when she answered I did not know it was her...her old voice had returned...when we got to the house, some of it still remained. It left the next day and was never to return that I ever heard anyway. But even in the small things, it is good to rejoice and enjoy them!! And to remember!!
Post a Comment