THGGM left early this morning to participate in the 'walk' part of the Fifth/Third River Bank Run.
It seems cool and breezy this morning, although I've yet to actually go outside to verify this.
Decades ago we would line the route along the Grand River to watch the runners. Well. I did this once. With very young children in tow. As the first runners rounded the bend, I nearly passed out. I kid you not. The runners had - how shall I put this delicately - Bloody nipples.
So, I am happy to note that in THGGM's little goody bag he received yesterday there was a tube of nipple cream.
He assures me, that for his walk he will NOT need it.
Still, my knees are all buckley and I feel like I'm going to pass out just thinking about it.
And to think, no one is even CHASING these guys.

2 comments:
Seriously? Bloody nipples? Yuck. I never knew such a thing could happen! Now I'm even less inclined to become a runner... not that I was even remotely inclined before.
By the way, Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment