Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, January 12, 2007

MEME - Six MORE Weird Things about Me


1. I crave silence. I love music, but I would rather just hear it from memory in my head than put in a CD.

2. I have a mad crush on "Bob the Builder". He is just SO confident. He says "Can we fix it? Yes we can!" Around here I say "Can you fix it?" and THGGM says "Do we have to talk about this now?"

3. I can only fall asleep at night if I read something first. Then, I will sleep until THGGM wakes me up.

4. I have no idea what clothes I have. I wear what appears at the top of the pile. Sometimes I see pictures of me, and I wonder...'what happened to that shirt?' It's usually at the bottom of the pile. When I keep up on laundry, this means I wear the same things over and over again. If I don't keep up, I have an interesting variety of weird stuff to wear until the pile runs out.

5. I've been told that I need to speak up even when I don't feel like I have anything of importance to say. I found this a shocking thought. I do believe that this blog proves that I can now speak rather ineloquently about unimportant things. Apparently, I was told, people found me intimidating because when I did talk, it was always profound.
That thought makes me gasp with laughter. I assure you, I am NOT profound.
6. I get panic attacks in warehouse style stores. Something about the lights, I believe. I cannot remember the last time I hopped in the car and went to a large grocery store on my own. If I did, I'm sure I would be on the 11:00 news as the lady who went insane in the store and crashed her cart through several plate glass windows while screaming "I can't breathe!".


http://judyh58.blogspot.com/2006/04/meme-six-weird-things-about-me.html

6 comments:

Melissa said...

"Do we have to talk about this now?"

Oh Dear...and Bob helps out? Maybe I should get a Bob...

Debra said...

I LOVED this! (Maybe I'll try one soon in my blog.) Especially loved the last one because when we first moved to New York state, many was the time I simply walked out of stores without buying a thing because I was too overwhelmed by all the stuff! I can identify... Loved the Bob the Builder reference, too. :) Blessings, Debra

Geekwif said...

I've never met Bob myself, but he sounds like a keeper!

Judy said...

EVERYONE should get a "Bob".

Really. I highly recommend it.

Just look at how he inspires Baby Boy to get right to work!

Can't beat Bob. Nope.

Chris said...

I have a "Bob", I call him Dad. I ask, "Dad, can we fix it?" He says, "Yes we can!" What confidence! Then he finally gets around to fixing it 6 months later. And it only takes him 4 minutes to fix whatever was broken. This is to say that my "Bob" is confident, but he is a procrastinator.
I also don't know what clothes I have. I see pictures and think to myself, "where is that shirt?" Sometimes it is at the bottom of the pile, but usually I see Justin wearing it and when I go to take it back from Justin's closet I find that he has the majority of my wardrobe dating back to 2001. Some people are excited to get presents on Christmas, I'm excited after I spelunk through Justin's closet and find all of my old clothes. It's like a Kierkegaardian repetition in the sense that by getting back what one has lost, one learns to appreciate it as though for the first time. These clothes become like a Christmas gift from my past self to my present self.

MissKris said...

Oh buddy buddy...I have a closet full of clothes but my "taking care of Dylan" shirts are all at the front and get worn over and over again...after washings, mind you. I have about 6 of them I rotate, haha! Otherwise, EVERYTHING would be stained with baby food, sticky-who-knows-what, and drool, drool, drool. I don't exactly have 'panic' attacks, but shopping malls are something I avoid with a passion unless the store I want to go in to has an entrance from the outside, like a Sears store or something like that. I dunno what it is, but there's like a constant dull roar of voices, noises...it's like the Twilight Zone to me to go out on the mezzanine and walk around. But I don't like retail shopping, anyway. Give me the jumbled, messy aisles of a thrift/second-hand/antique shop with dark corners filled with hidden treasures and I am one happy camper!